Instagram rolls out a new feature every now and then that proves how much they care about their users’ experience. Their latest feature is a highly-requested update on Instagram live rooms.
So you can now go live with 4 people, including you as a host and 3 other guests.
Instagram live rooms are great for marketers and influencers to increase their reach, double the number of viewers, engagement rate, and as a result, increase their sales.
This article is the ultimate guide you will ever need to Instagram’s new live rooms feature.
How to invite guests to Instagram live rooms?
As mentioned earlier, you can invite up to 3 guests to Instagram live rooms. You can promote who your guesses are going to be in advance and increase the chance of having more viewers, or this feature allows you to bring guests to your live room one by one in the middle of the broadcast so that you can contain the element of surprise on your show.
Additionally, what is good about Instagram live rooms is that they work pretty much the same as the regular version of Instagram live broadcasts.
So, here is a step-by-step guide to inviting guests to your Instagram live rooms.
Step 1 – Create a live room
- Make sure you have a reliable Internet connection.
- Tap the “+” icon at the bottom of your screen. Then, you will see a bar with 3 options, post, story, and live. Select “live”.
- Next, tap on the aligned icon on the left-hand side of your screen to choose a title for your live room.
- Tap the “live” Icon to start. After that, spend the first few minutes greeting your audience and having a small talk to them so that the viewers have enough to join.
Step 2 – Invite guests to your live room
- Tap the “video” icon to get to the list of Instagram usernames. Then, tap next to the names of your guests and tap “send request” to invite them to join.
- You can also invite a guest to join your live room by typing their username in the search bar at the top. If a guest accepts the invitation to join, they’ll appear in your live room.
- Note that you can invite all of your guests at the same time, or add them one by one.
- In order to remove someone who has joined your Instagram live rooms, you can tap the “x” icon on the top right of their video frames.
How to ask to join an Instagram live room you are viewing
As you are watching a live broadcast, you may wish to join and become a guest. Luckily, there is also a feature that allows you to join an Instagram live room. Here is how you can do this.
- Tap the “chevron arrow down” symbol next to the username at the top.
- Tap “request to join”. If you receive a notice that you are about to join the live room, that means your request is accepted.
- Alternatively, you can ask to join an Instagram live room in the comments so that the host invites you.
How to watch Instagram live on PC or laptop?
When someone you follow starts a live broadcast, their profile picture will appear at the top of your feed with a colorful ring and the word “live”.
You can tap or click their profile picture to watch live broadcasts. So, whether you are using the Instagram app on a smartphone or using Instagram.com on your personal computer and laptop, the approach to watching Instagram live is exactly the same.
Moreover, you can use the same approach to interact with Instagram live rooms both on the Instagram app and Instagram.com.
If you are using your smartphone, tap “comment” at the bottom of the screen and the “heart” icon to like the live broadcast. Similarly, when you are on your PC, you can click “Add a comment” at the bottom right of your screen.
How to share a live broadcast to IGTV on Instagram after it is ended?
After your broadcasts are finished on Instagram live rooms, you can download the videos, delete them or share a replay of them to your IGTV.
Here is all you need to know about it and a step-by-step instruction to follow.
Step 1 – How to find and watch IGTV videos on Instagram?
If you are using the Instagram app on your smartphones, follow this Instruction.
- Tap the “search” icon at the bottom of the screen and select IGTV in the top left.
- You can search for specific IGTV creators or scroll through the page to find and watch IGTV videos on Instagram.
On the other hand, if you are using Instagram.com on your PC or laptop, the following instruction is for you.
- Go to a specific profile by typing their username in the search bar.
- Then, click IGTV or story highlights below their profile information to find an IGTV video you are looking for.
- Finally, click the play button to watch the IGTV video.
Step 2 – Share your live broadcast to your IGTV
While people are able to find and watch your live video replays on IGTV, you can share them once your live broadcasts end.
To share a replay of your Instagram live room video, you can simply tap “Share to IGTV” at the bottom of your screen. Additionally, you can tap “Download video” to save it to your camera roll and share it later, or tap “Delete video” to discard it.
How to use Instagram live rooms creatively?
Instagram live rooms with the new feature of inviting up to 3 guesses open up a unique opportunity for brands and creators to target a bigger range of audiences.
Thus, it requires them to bring new and creative ideas to Instagram live rooms so that their audience gets engaged. Accordingly, here is a guide to using live broadcasts creatively.
Hold Q&A Sessions
Question and answer sessions are always a great idea to show how much you care about your audience. It is also always fun for users to watch what you discuss and get a deeper insight into your business.
Get direct feedback from your audience
Get to know what your audience thinks about you and wants from you. Hearing it directly from people in your Instagram live room is a great opportunity to build up a closer relationship with your audience.
In addition to this, it is one of the best ways to promote your products by real people talking about it.
- Show product demos
Speaking of promoting your products, Instagram live rooms give you another good opportunity to show product demos and draw your audience’s attention to your brand.
Hold interactive classes
With the new feature of Instagram live rooms, many gyms, studios, and other types of niches invite up to 3 guesses to hold interactive classes and promote their sessions. In contrast, almost everyone who is watching your live broadcast wants to be your guests.
This will definitely increase your engagement rate and help you reach a broader audience.
Hold interactive quizzes
If you have found the giveaway system effective in your marketing, then your fans will be excited with the idea of winning a reward on a live program.
Give a live performance
Another way to gain more audience is by giving a live performance. For example, many musicians gathered together with the new feature of Instagram live rooms during the lockdowns, and the idea was largely welcomed by their audiences.
How to optimize your Instagram marketing strategy?
Implementing many of these creative ideas with Instagram live rooms gets the desired results only when there is consistency in your marketing strategy.
So many brands turn to Instagram management tools to guarantee this consistency in their marketing.
AiSchedul, as one of the most reliable recommendations, is an all-in-one Instagram tool that ensures you are doing your best on Instagram.
Here are some features you can use with AiSchedul.
- Schedule your content to be posted automatically on your feed, story, or IGTV
- Set your post to be deleted automatically
- Use the feature to mass delete your posts on your Instagram profile
- Get help from the hashtag generator tool
- Tag people and location
- Share multiple links to your bio
- Manage multiple accounts
- Create a contest with the post and reward feature
- Send automated DM
Instagram live rooms are now a lot more effective with the new feature of inviting up to 3 guests. It allows you to double your viewers, add a lot more creativity to your live broadcasts, and promote your brand with a significantly larger audience.
The popularity of new Instagram live rooms also makes it promising for the future of your marketing, making it a timeless feature that you can learn how to take advantage of it better over time.