Are you curious about the differences between Instagram business vs personal accounts?
Ever since its launch in 2010, business users have been a part of Instagram. It wasn’t until mid 2016, however, that they got a separate platform for themselves. On May 2016, Instagram announced a wave of new features for business users, The most important one among them was a separate business profile.
In this article, we are going to fully examine the differences of Instagram business vs personal profiles.
Differences of Instagram Business vs Personal Accounts
Ever since its launch in 2016, Instagram business has been a huge success. There are over one billion monthly active users on Instagram, and over 90% of them follow at least one business profile. The math is simple; 900 million people are exposed to an Instagram business profile in one way or another. Additionally, almost every major brand has an Instagram profile in 2020.
Now, let’s examine the different features of Instagram business vs personal profiles.
Instagram Business Features
Another reason for separating Instagram business and personal accounts was to reduce the number of spammy bots. Even though they haven’t been fully eradicated yet, Instagram business was a step in the right direction. Instead of resorting to spammy ways for their advertisement, business users can now do it legally within Instagram.
Without further ado, let’s take a look at the differences of an Instagram business vs personal account.
- Call to Action Button: Business users have the option to add a unique call to action button to their profile. These include Book, Reserve, Get Tickets, Gift Cards, and Order Food buttons. To learn about how to sign up for this feature, visit this page.
- Instagram Insights: This feature allows business users to analyze their account’s performance and evaluate how they are doing. They can learn general insights about their content and their followers, as well as specific data for a single post or story. Instagram Insights is divided into three categories: Content, Activity, and Audience. To learn more about Instagram Insights, visit this page.
- Less Organic Reach: Instagram is in its heart a personal platform. Users log in every day in order to post share and see personal photos. Because of that, Instagram has limited the organic reach of business users. Basically, what this means is that personal photos rank higher than business posts in a user’s feed.
- Turning Posts into Ads: There are in fact two ways for doing this. The first way involves using Facebook’s Ads manager. In order to use this feature, you need to connect your Instagram account to Facebook and follow this instruction. The other method you can use is Instagram Promotions. This method is fully located inside the Instagram app. To use Promotions, follow this instruction.
What other features are available for Instagram Business accounts?
It’s time to learn the secrets
You probably have noticed by now that running a business account on Instagram is not an easy thing to do. There some major limitations; you can’t have more than one link in your bio, there is no way to repost content on Instagram, and searching for the right hashtags is tedious. So what’s the solution?
You need to use a third party app. Our recommendation is AiSchedul; a free, beginner-friendly Instagram manager that doesn’t require any downloads. With AiSchedul you can:
- Schedule Posts and Stories for later: You can take care of a month’s work in one day. Specify a date and time, and AiSchedul will automatically upload your post to Instagram. In fact, AiSchedul is one of the best schedulers out there in 2020.
- Repost Content to Your Feed: Seamlessly browse and repost content to your Instagram with just a few clicks.
- Find the Best Hashtags: Want to know what the best hashtags for your post are? First, enter a keyword in AiSchedul’s hashtag suggestion section. Then, wait a few moments, and AiSchedul’s powerful AI will provide you with a list of the top hashtags in that category. This is especially great for business users because hashtags are everything in finding your audience.
- Post Multiple Links to Your Bio: You can use AiSchedul’s biolink solution to post multiple links in your bio. To learn more, click here.
- Hold Automated Instagram Contests: Contests and giveaways are one of the easiest ways for gaining hundreds of new followers. Designed just for this reason, AiSchedul’s Post & Reward allows you to set up your own Instagram contests in less than five minutes. What’s great about this feature is that it automatically selects winners and DMs them their reward!
Continue reading: How to make money on Instagram without a website